You & Me sewing series

I am very excited and also very scared right now. Why? Because I have something exciting to share with you.

Do you ever get an idea that excites you? Something you wake up thinking about, and it is still on your mind as you go to bed at night?

I had such idea a few months ago. At first it was a series of images running through my head. Images of clothes I have made for my daughter. Images of my daughter picking fabric for the next creation. Images of us going to a park or playground for a photo-shoot. Images of us having fun and growing closer.

Then images formed into an idea. I wanted to make something for Little Monkey and for myself. Something that we both can enjoy. Something we both can participate in creating. Something that will allow us to develop an even stronger relationship. Something that would be a fun thing to do.

Then I got really excited and decided to invite a few super talented ladies to join Little Monkey and I in this adventure. I contacted a few beautiful ladies and asked them if they would like to make something for themselves and their kids that would reflect their individual styles, likes and interests. I felt both humbled and excited when I received positive responses from them.

That is how You & Me sewing series was born. Starting on the 26th of May we are going to celebrate the art of sewing and the art of developing relationships with our children throughout different ages and stages of their lives. We will talk about things that draw us closer together, things that make us feel that we belong together. We will make things that have special meaning for us and our children.


Please meet the participants of You & Me sewing series:

May 26 - While she was sleeping
May 27 - 2 Little Hooligans
May 28 - Nearest the pin
May 29 - Nap-Time Creations
May 30 - La gang à Nat
May 31 - Compagnie M.
June 1 - Dotted Whale
June 2 - Things for Boys
June 3 - Dandelion Drift
June 4 - Imagine Gnats
June 5 - Groovy Baby and Mama
June 6 - As it Seams
June 7 - round up.

Two weeks long celebration - are you getting excited? I hope so!

You know what? You don't need to be observing from the sidelines. You are more than welcome to join in the fun. Yes! You can join in! How? Make something for yourself and a special little person in your life, something that you believe fits the purpose and description of the series, blog about it if you have a blog and share your photos in the You & Me Flickr group. On the 16th of June I will do a round up of your creations here on my blog.

I would like to thank Isabella, a very talented young lady, for taking time to draw a picture that captures the essence of the series, and her lovely mum Suz for making the logo. And a huge thanks to my sweetest husband for creating the HTML button.

Let the fun begin!



Pin It

24 comments

  1. What a lovely idea, I look forward to seeing the posts and the things you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lucy :) I am sewing something little for myself for the series at the moment ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am glad you like the idea Olga :) I was very nervous sharing it, but I am glad I did :)

      Delete
  3. Nice idea! Looking forward to the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mieke. I can''t wait to see what the girls are going to make!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun! Hooray for your first series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. I feel grown up hosting the series haha

      Delete
  5. woo hoo!! So excited Jenya - congratulations on hosting your first series x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee :) Looking forward to seeing your creations!

      Delete
  6. Love the idea! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Taking into account I am not tech-y at all I might need it!

      Delete
  7. Yay...I love that you got an awesome idea, and took off running with it! This is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing the idea was rather nerve-wrecking, but I am so glad I put myself out there... I think this is going to be great :)

      Delete
  8. That's a great idea! Looking forward to following this series and seeing all the pretty things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Please feel free to jump on board as well if you feel like it :)

      Delete
  9. Such a great idea...I'm definitely going to get involved x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love to hear that Lucy! Just checked out your blog - you make gorgeous things! The outfit you made for KCW was awesome!

      Delete
  10. Lovely idea Jenya. Would love to join in. Will wait to see what you do and follow along.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet idea! Looking forward to following along with this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, that's such a great idea! What a wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel :) I just finished my outfit - it also turned out to be time consuming but worth it ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.