Waterfall Raglan top

When I saw testers' versions of the Waterfall raglan pop up in my Instagram feed I knew I wanted to get my hands on this pattern as soon as possible. I could vividly imagine my little explorer in a Waterfall raglan in a beautiful soft knit with girlie print...

So While she was sleeping...



It is given that everything small is cute. However somehow this little top turned out super cute. The Waterfall raglan is a relaxed fit top (or dress). The ruffle at the bottom makes it exceptionally feminine. I think Gabriela, the talented designer at Chalk and Notch patterns, named this pattern spot on - the lines of the top resemble a waterfall. The top drapes so beautifully!



I have a small selection of bright knits but for this top I wanted something very delicate, dreamy and girlie. Don't you think this Paperie - Library Gardens Art Gallery knit fits the description just right? I bought this gorgeous fabric along with a few solid colours from Ministry of fabric.


I tried to use up as little fabric as possible and realised the print is actually directional only after I finished sewing the top. Oopsie!


I paired up Miss L's Waterfal Raglan top with a second pair of Satya shorts that I made a few weeks ago. This is a lazy version of the first pair that I made her. Lazy because I omitted the pockets. The shorts are made from a tiny amount of Art Gallery denim I had left after sewing this cute tunic for Miss L last year.



I loved this top so much I promptly made another one. I bet if you decide to give this pattern a go you won't be able to stop after making one either!

11 comments

  1. It is super duper cute! And I'm so jealous of your summer sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva :) It will be warn on your side of the globe soon enough and I will be the one feeling jealous of summer sewing :P

      Delete
  2. So precious and all I can do is stare at your daughters eyes!! Thank you so much for sharing your waterfall and I hope you like the women's too!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabriela :) I sincerely love this pattern. Can't wait to make one for myself!

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely!!! I really like your combination with the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was so happy I could squeeze a pair of shorts out of a small piece of denim I had left :)

      Delete
  4. Your little one is sooooooo cute in her Waterfall! And I had no idea this print was directional either, haha! I'm sure no one will notice -- they'll be too busy admiring the adorable little girl in her sweet outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emi :) I am not too sure if I first spotted this print on your blog or IG? I love it :) I don't think the fact this print is directional is too noticeable, so I am not worried about it :)

      Delete
  5. Love it - such beautiful fabric. I can't figure out what's wrong with the direction, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa :) The direction is not too noticeable (thank goodness) when you don't look close enough :) So next time I think I may have to take a closer look to make sure if fabric is indeed directional hahaha

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.