Mouse raglan top

A couple of months ago I fell in love with a mousy raglan top Fatima made for her little girl. In fact, I loved it so much I copied it!


I made size 6-12 months, the smallest size of the Safari raglan tee pattern. I knew it would be a little roomy on baby L but I was fine with it. My fabric did not have a lot of stretch and I still wanted to be able to put a bodysuit underneath the raglan top.


The top is made from merino I had left after making a Little Betty top for Miss R. There was just enough fabric for a little top for a baby. It was meant to be!


These little ears transform a simple tee into something fun and whimsical, don't you think? Fatima, you are a genius :) A scrap of Liberty for the ears? Yes please!


Two tiny scraps of grey knit for the eyes, a little bit of pink for the nose, and whiskers stitched on the machine using a triple stitch. Simple.


I absolutely love this top on Baby L. It is warm, comfortable and oh so cute!

Thank you for inspiration Fatima!

13 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Too much cute!!!!! I seriously gasped when I saw the photos! This is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness overload!! What a simple and totally adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute!!! I love the top (Fatima's was so adorable, yes!) and I love your idea for the whiskers! I think I will have to use that idea too. Someday. Aaaah! Cannot get over how sweet your daughter is <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so cute, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! I need to make one for my girl too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness - those Liberty ears are phenomenal!!! I knew it was Liberty the second I saw it - just lovely. Absolutely lovely. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This might just be the cutest blog post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo cute !!! Everytime I come to see your blog, I want another baby !! haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.