Alice in purple

I did it again. I sewed for myself.


After making my first Alice top I have been wondering if a smaller size would fit better. Now I will not die wondering.


Because I was confident about sewing the Alice top and dress pattern again I decided to treat myself and got some delicious Japanese fabric from House of Cloth in Bendigo. I was originally hoping to find something with floral print. While I was instantly drawn to the colours and geometric print on this fabric, I was a little worried the top might look too bright for me. I am so glad I bought it though!


This top is so comfortable and I feel like royalty every time I wear it. After all, purple is the colour of kings. I bet you want to know what my husband thinks about this fabric? He actually likes it! As for my daughter... When she saw purple fabric she got very excited. Purple is her favourite colour. Then she realised it had shapes on it. Apparently shapes are so not cool when you are four!


Here is my sweet opinionated four year old taking photos of mummy's new top for Instagram :) Wearing a mummy-made dress of course!


What excuse can I use to make one more Alice top? A cooler weather version? Oh, that sounds like a brilliant excise!

Pin It

19 comments

  1. No funny nickname for this fabric? ;-) I love the fabric and the top looks great on you! It does seem to fit you better than the last one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not this time :) hehe Yes I also think this top fits better. I have been wearing it a lot!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Olga. I was after some floral fabric so while I loved this fabric as soon as I saw it I had to convince myself (to a degree) to give it a go. I am so glad I did it! I absolutely love wearing this top. I think I need more bright colours (other than red) in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  3. You gorgeous thing - I love your new top!! And I adore the colours and fabric. Great choice. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :) Sewing this pattern for the second time was much easier and faster, and I love wearing this top!

      Delete
  4. So lovely! Love that back view! (Does that sound like I'm hitting on you?!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think that until you pointed it out... but now... Hellloo!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful fabric, Jenya. Your top looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I have this pattern all cut out and some fabric ready but need more hours in the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, with summer heading towards us, this one is definitely on my to-sew list! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm glad hubby doesn't think this one looks like nighty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, that fabric is just perfect for you & this Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this cut in a size XXS then? I'm printing the pattern now and I'm curious if you made both a XS and XXS, what you think.. Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey, yes I have made both XS and XXS. i can't remember what my bust measurement was back then, sorry (I am pregnant and expanding rapidly). While XS felt alright on, XXS was definitely better.

      Delete
  11. Is this cute in a XXS then? Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry Kelsey, I just saw your question! Yes, this one is XXS. And I am also in love with this fabric. I felt a little adventurous buying it, but I love wearing this top!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.