You & Me - Dandelion Drift

Today I am pleased to welcome Teresa from Dandelion Drift. Teresa sews for herself, her kids and her husband. And she doesn't just sew. Every time she creates something special, something unique, something that reflects the wearer's (is there such word?) likes and style. One of my favourite projects is this Alder skirt she made for her daughter. I also love Teresa's Spring Showers jacket. Teresa says she does not follow trends and just sews what she likes, and she always looks fabulous. Check out this gorgeous gray dress Teresa made for the Shades of Me series. And doesn't she look stunning in her Riding Peplum? Teresa sews with knits like it is the easiest fabric to handle, and she gets seriously creative like she did with this Plantain T-shirt. I have mentioned that I love Star Wars, so naturally I love these cool Star Wars jammies she made for her son! And shorts for her husband? Super!

Let's see what Teresa made for You & Me!

* * *

Hello While She Was Sleeping readers. I am Teresa and I blog over at Dandelion Drift. I am so happy to be here sewing with Jenya's You and Me series.

Can I give you guys a little confession before I tell you more about myself and my little blog. My husband reads my blog regularly, and he reads every comment on my blog. He is always telling me that Jenya is my twin overseas. Whenever Jenya comments on my blog he says, Teresa, that sounds just like something you would say! Kind of neat the connections you can make in this little internet world!

Well I am a mom to two kids, Sweet Pea, my oldest and Bubba, my youngest. Being a mom is awfully neat! I am amazed at how much these two have captured my heart. And I'm in awe of the whole growing up process.


It is neat to see my two kiddos personalities form. Both kids show bits and pieces of my husband (Josh) and I's personalities and mannerisms while mixing in quite a bit of their own! Sweet Pea is often referred to as my little me. She definitely looks like me, but the things she likes, the way she acts, her mannerisms are just like mine. (It is kind of scary how similar we are!)


One of the biggest things Sweet Pea and I have in common is water. We LOVE the water. We both started swimming when we were young and just love to be in the water. One of our families favorite things to do is go kayaking. Sweet Pea will stay in the boat for about 15 minutes, and then she is pleading to jump in the water and swim alongside! That's my girl!


When Jenya told me about her idea of the You and Me series, I knew right away that I wanted to make swimsuits for the two of us! Want to know the pattern details? My swimsuit is the Bombshell swimsuit pattern by Closet Case Files. This is my first swimsuit I made for myself, and I love it. Amazingly it wasn't too difficult and there is a great sew along to walk you through the steps of the pattern. (And it's part of PPP #3). 



Sweet Pea's suit is one that I made months ago, and has been worn over and over again. I used this tutorial, which was great.


If you told me a year ago that I would be confidently sewing swimsuits, I definitely would have laughed. I have been sewing for a long time, but not venturing out and trying new things. Over the past year I have sewn more regularly building up my sewing confidence! And it has become a great, creative outlet for me!


It was nice meeting you all...and hope that you enjoy your kiddos. Have fun being a part of their growing up years! And keep on sewing!

Thanks Jenya for having me over here! Maybe one day I can actually come over to Australia and meet you in real life!

* * *

Oh Teresa, you are always welcome here. I would love to meet my overseas twin in person one day :) I agree with you - watching little people grow is absolutely fascinating! I love it when you share stories about your kids. Every time you do that you give me something to look forward to. Thank you for sharing you beautiful story and swimsuits with us today.

Pin It

17 comments

  1. Gorgeous, both swimming suits! This is such a nice series to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mieke! Jenya's series is awesome...I've loved reading along too!

      Delete
  2. Swimsuits!! Seriously!! Teresa, you are one of my sewing heroes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up Renee! You can do it! Just go slow and steady, it sounds a lot harder than it is!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous swimsuits and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.. you made Swimsuits, Teresa! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome suit. It looks great on you, very professional.


    I would love for you to share in my new linky party.

    http://handmadedresshaven.blogspot.com/2014/06/sew4me-tuesday-june-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I just yesterday bought PPP3 also because of the swimsuit. I'm not quite at the point where I dare to sew it, but I feel that I'll soon be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay...you'll be great at sewing the suit Annika! There's a great sew along to walk you through the steps!

      Delete
  7. Teresa, your bombshell is gorgeous! And your little girl's suit is just precious. Great job and lovely photos of you together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Michelle! Your bombshell definitely motivated me! I love this suit!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous!!!! That Bombshell is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great suits Teresa! And wonderful pictures of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love those photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.